PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY.Yacademy PTE. LTD., 180 Paya Lebar Road, #10-01, Yi Guang Factory building, Singapore ("Yacademy," "we," or "us") offers online & offline products and services including but not limiting to courses, tests & assessments, proctoring, scoring and certification and other online & offline services and materials associated or provided by us ("Services") through its website located at Yacademy including all subdomains. The Terms of Service ("Terms") are deemed fully accepted by you once registering as a member or by using Services in any way, thus forming a binding agreement between you and Yacademy. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms, do not use these Services.
1. License and Website Access
General: Yacademy grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this website, educational content and certifications, and not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of Yacademy.
No license for commercial sale: This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this website or its content; any collection and use of any product listing, description, or pricing; copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
No reproduction: This website or any portion of this website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copies, sold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Yacademy.
No framing: You may not frame or utilize framing technologies to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Yacademy and its affiliates without the express written consent.
Metatags: You may not use any metatags or any other 'hidden text' utilizing Yacademy's name or trademarks without the express written consent of Yacademy. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by Yacademy.
2. RestrictionsExcept as permitted by Yacademy in writing, you will not reproduce, redistribute, sell, create derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble the any part of or in a whole Services. Nor will you take any measures to interfere with or damage the Yacademy Services. All rights not expressly granted by Yacademy are reserved. Yacademy holds a right to withdraw, cancel, resume, grant, relicense any of the previously provided licenses at any time.
REGISTRATIONTo be able to use the Services, you must register as a user by providing your name, password, and valid email address. Additional information for identity verification & certification might be required. You must provide complete and accurate registration information to Yacademy and notify us if such information changes. If you are a public company, business, government, or non-profit entity, the person whose email address is associated with the account must have the authority to bind the entity to these Terms.
ACCOUNT SECURITYThough Yacademy uses industry conform security standards technologies to prevent miscellaneous activities and protect the users, the end user (you) is wholly responsible for all activities that occurs under its account, including any activity by unauthorized users. Such means that the you should take measures to prevent such activities by following the rules: You must not allow others to use your account. You must safeguard the confidentiality of your password. If you are using a computer that others have access to, you must log out of your account after using the Services. If you become aware of an unauthorized access to your account, you must change your password, invalidate all tokens issued to you by using the appropriate option in settings if one is applicable to the Service being in use, and notify us immediately.
5. Account Types, Billing Terms and Refunds
ACCOUNT TYPESIn addition to offering Personal Yacademy accounts, we offer Company Yacademy accounts. If the Services are used for Company needs, please contact us to obtain Company account. All features, prices and Services provided are subject to change.
BILLING TERMSThe billing terms depend on the type of acquiring used during the payment. If you need an invoice for a purchased part of Services please contact Yacademy or use Invoice / Bill generation option in settings of the Services being used if one is applicable or available.
REFUNDAs all sales are final, refunds are not applicable.
6. Term and Termination; Account Deletion
TERMThese Terms begin on the date you first use the Service and continue as long as you use our Services in a whole or in a part, including having an account with us, and / or any Yacademy’s software installed on your device(s) and / or by using the Content in any way.
ACCOUNT DELETIONYou may delete your account at any time. Accounts may be deleted from the Services if they remain inactive (i.e., the user fails to log in) for a continuous period of at least six (6) months. Company accounts will remain active unless you explicitly ask us to delete it.
TERMINATION FOR BREACHYacademy may suspend, disable, or delete your account (or any part thereof) or block or remove any content you submitted if Yacademy determines that you have violated any provision of these Terms or that your conduct or content would damage Yacademy’s reputation. If Yacademy deletes your account for these reasons, you may not re-register for the Service. We may block your email address and Internet protocol address to prevent further registration.
7. Code of ConductIn using the Service, you must behave in a civil and respectful manner at all times. Further, you will not: Act in a deceptive manner by, among other things, impersonating any person.
IDENTITYThe end user certifies that he/she is the person whose name and address is registered.
NON-DISCLOSUREI understand that the Yscore certification is a confidential and secure test, protected by the laws in the Republic of Singapore and elsewhere. The end user agrees that he/she will not discuss the content of the test with anyone and will not record, copy, or disclose any exam question or answer, in whole or in part, in any form or by any means (orally; in writing; in any Internet “chat room,” message board, or forum; or otherwise).
FRAUDIf an end user comes to answers by help from a third party, e.g. another person in the test room, online and/or offline research or similar, the proctoring system will classify this as potential fraud. In this case, the assessment and Yscore will be invalid and cancelled without reimbursement.
9. ValidityThe Yscore is defined as a real time scoring mechanism, meaning the Yscore could be updated as the digital landscape evolves. This includes the removal and/or adding of certain skillsets, or updating the scoring mechanism. The Yscore is valid if our systems do not detect any misuse of the test taker during the assessment. A verified Yscore is valid until a new version is available. In the case of version updates, existing end users will be notified by email in order to re-take the updated assessment.
10. IndemnificationYou will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Yacademy and its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents, from and against all third-party actions that: (i) arise from your activities on the Service; (ii) assert a violation by you of any term of these Terms; or (iii) assert that any content you submitted to the Services violates any law or infringes any third party right, including any intellectual property or privacy right.
11. DisclaimersWe reserve the right to modify our Services. You are responsible for providing your own access (e.g., computer, mobile device, Internet connection, etc.) to the Services. Yacademy has no obligation to screen or monitor any content and does not guarantee that any content available on the Services complies with these Terms or is suitable for all users. Yacademy provides its Services on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis. You therefore use the Services at your own risk. Yacademy expressly disclaims any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, and any other warranty that might arise under any law. Without limiting the foregoing, Yacademy makes no representations or warranties: That the Services will be permitted in your jurisdiction; That the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free; Concerning any content submitted by any member; Concerning any third party's use of content that you submit; That any content you submit will be made available on the Services or will be stored by Yacademy; That the Services will meet your business or professional needs; That Yacademy will continue to support any particular feature of the Services; or Concerning sites and resources outside of the Services, even if linked to from the Services. To the extent any disclaimer or limitation of liability does not apply, all applicable express, implied, and statutory warranties will be limited in duration to a period of thirty (30) days after the date on which you first used the Services, and no warranties shall apply after such period.
12. Limitation of LiabilityTo the fullest extent permitted by law: (i) Yacademy shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses; and (ii) Yacademy total liability to you shall not exceed the amounts paid by you to Yacademy over the twelve (12) months preceding your claim(s).
13. Intellectual Property Rights
Copyright Protection: All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations and software, is the property of Yacademy or its affiliate sites and protected by Copyright law. The compilation of all the content on this site is the exclusive property of Yacademy and protected by Copyright law. All software used in this site is the property of Yacademy and is protected under Copyright law.Trademarks: Protected Marks: Yacademy, www.Y.academy, products, and other marks indicated on Yacademy website are registered trademarks of Yacademy. Protected Graphics: All Yacademy graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names are trademarks or trade dress of Yacademy. Yacademy's trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connections with any product or service that is not of Yacademy.
14. General Provisions
GOVERNING LAWThese Terms shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Singapore, without regard to principles of conflicts of law. The United Nations Convention of Controls for International Sale of Goods shall not apply.
DISPUTESAny action arising out of or relating to these Terms or your use of the Services must be commenced in the state courts located in Singapore, The Republic of Singapore (and you consent to the jurisdiction of those courts). In any such action, Yacademy and you irrevocably waive any right to a trial by jury.
INTERPRETATION; SEVERABILITY; WAIVER; REMEDIESHeadings are for convenience only and shall not be used to construe the terms of these Terms. If any term of these Terms is found invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, that term will be severed from these Terms. No failure or delay by Yacademy in exercising any right hereunder will waive any further exercise of that right. Yacademy’s rights and remedies hereunder are cumulative and not exclusive.
NOTICESYou consent to receive all communications including notices, agreements, disclosures, or other information from Yacademy electronically. Yacademy may provide all such communications by email or by posting them on the Services. For support-related inquiries, you may contact us. Nothing herein shall limit Yacademy right to object to subpoenas, claims, or other demands.
MODIFICATIONThese Terms may not be modified except by a revised Terms of Service posted by Yacademy on the Yacademy website or a written amendment signed by an authorized representative of Yacademy. A revised Terms of Service will be effective as of the date it is posted on the Yacademy website.